Grilling is a special form of cooking that involves significant amount of direct, radiant heat. A grilled structure is used to grill the food. Grilling the food existed since the pre-historic period though the method used to grill the food has been greatly modified with the latest advancement in technologies.
Currently, the grill machines available in the market are not complex ones, but you need to understand the basic construction of a grill machine, in order to buy the best one for use. Now, if you love delicious, mouth-watering grilled foods, there are two major types of grills available – gas grill and charcoal grill.
Generally, gas grills are preferred over charcoal grills as these are more hygienic and easy to use. Moreover, the heat produced by gas grill is much more than the heat produced by charcoal grill. Also, the gas grill provides constant and continuous flow of heat, whereas while using a charcoal grill you need be careful about the consistency of the heat produced. So, here a buying guide is provided for you to buy the best gas grill .
Based on the types of fuel use gas grill can be divided into two types –
- Natural gas grill – This kind of gas grill uses natural gas as their fuel. As natural gas is way to cheaper than the other fuel gases available, these types of gas grills save you a lot of money. Moreover, natural gas is listed as an environment friendly gas. Natural gas is extremely good for continuous cooking.
- Propane gas grill – These kind of gas grills use propane as the fuel. Propane gas is produced by distilling natural gas. It makes the propane gas costlier than natural gas. Propane gas cylinders are generally small in size that makes it portable. Though propane gas is eco-friendly and produces water and carbon di oxide through burning process, it is considered as a dangerous gas rather than natural gas.
Now, you know about the fuels used in gas grills. Here, some more points that you need to look at while buying a gas grill are mentioned –
- Cooking space – Before buying a gas grill check the cooking space available inside the gas grill and choose as per your requirement depending on your family size and consumption of food.
- Power and customisation – Also, check the power capacity of a gas grill before buying a unit. Most gas grill manufacturers use BTU or British thermal unit to mention the power of your gas grill. Generally thirty thousand BTU powered gas grill is ideal with main burners. Also check for power customisation options to control the grilling environment inside your gas grill further.
- Construction and material – Always check the material of construction of the gas grill before buying a unit. High quality stainless casted body for your gas grill is recommended. Also check the sturdiness of your gas grill before buying to eliminate the chance of having a weak joint somewhere in the machine. And choose your gas grill wisely, something which has easy cleaning ability.
- Cost and service – Finally, pay for exactly what you need. Don’t go for higher powered gas grills unnecessarily. Choose and buy the gas grill wisely as per your requirements. And most importantly, while buying your grill don’t forget to check the details about the warranty and after sales offered by the manufacturer.